Character Sheets

Discussion of OOP 1st & 2nd Edition products and rules, ie TSR AD&D material.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

Minstrel
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Character Sheets

Post by Minstrel »

I'm working on a review of freely downloadable character record sheets for 2nd edition AD&D. Does anyone know of any "must haves"? Specifically, they must be free (at least as in beer if not speech), generic (not for a specific class) and suitable for 2nd edition. Ones without S&P type stuff on them are more likely to make it to the final published review.

I've got somewhere around 30-40 files awaiting review. I'm hoping to cull it down to a dozen or less by tonight.
Doirche

Post by Doirche »

There were a couple of good ones over at dragonsfoot IIRC.
Minstrel
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Minstrel »

Yep, those were the first ones to get snagged.

I really dug back into the bowels of the internet on some of these. Openoffice is having a bitch of a time properly formatting this stuff made in like '97. I forgot how recently people thought publishing everything in Word was a great idea.
Mira
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Mira »

Go to www.rpgsheets.com and search for AD&D, a few sheets appear that way. There might be more with other search criteria used. I've found several decent sheets for games in there, though you have to wade through a few not so good ones to find them :)

Mira (When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane and going the wrong way)
Minstrel
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Minstrel »

Thanks for the link Mira. I found two that sounded good, but they were XML files inside a zip archive and I couldn't figure out how to make any use of them. :?
Mira
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Post by Mira »

XML files might have been for use with OpenRPG since the game tree supports XML. I might have to look at those at some point, though I haven't played AD&D via OpenRPG yet, I have played a few other systems with it.

Mira (My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance_