Laying on hands..

Discussion of OOP 1st & 2nd Edition products and rules, ie TSR AD&D material.

Moderators: Thorn Blackstone, Halaster Blackcloak

garhkal
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Laying on hands..

Post by garhkal »

Extempus brough up an interesting question over on DF (in my pms at least).

WIth all the talk these days about needing concent to touch etc, and even if its been 'given before', never assume its still that way any other time etc.. WOULD a paladin in modern times, EVER LAY ON Hands on someone else, what with lawsuits being so prevalent?
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
McDeath
Scribe of Tomes
Scribe of Tomes

Re: Laying on hands..

Post by McDeath »

Would Jesus Christ for that matter? I think it'd be pretty ridiculous to sue someone who cures/heals you esp of something that would kill you but people are people and greedy wackjobs abound.
At the edge of madness, he will show no sadness
Never broken, he'll be back for more
Proven under fire, over trench and wire
No fear of death, he's unshakeable
Forged for the war, he's unbreakable
garhkal
Citizen of Undermountain
Citizen of Undermountain

Re: Laying on hands..

Post by garhkal »

McDeath wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:35 pm Would Jesus Christ for that matter? I think it'd be pretty ridiculous to sue someone who cures/heals you esp of something that would kill you but people are people and greedy wackjobs abound.
Just look at the # of news articles where some bitch, sues the lifeguard that gave them cpr or mouth to mouth...

BUT it does bring up a potentially cool scene in game, where player A (the paladin), sees character D on the ground and bleeding out, but while the PLAYER of character D is pleading to the player of the paladin, SAVE MY ASS NOW!, he simply says "Sorry but alas i cannot, as my character can't be certain he'd have your unconscious characters consent to touch her. AND that matters MUCH to my deity!"
It's not who you kill, but how they die!